Pages

Saturday 13 April 2013

The Boring Thursday: Part Two

Sorry for not posting yesterday, but it's been crazy.
Now, to begin Part Two!
Kirstin and Felicity just entered the room, where Kit was dusting, and Dakota was sulking in the corner.
"Mother," said Felicity, "my friend, Petunia, invited me for another of her balls. May I go, mother?"
"Well, I don't see any reason why you shouldn't..." Kirstin replied cautiously. "As long as you are back before ten."
"Oh, thank you, Mother!" Felicity curtsied. "I just knew you'd say yes!"
"Well, you just seem so likable! I mean, you keep on getting invited to these balls." Kirstin said with a hint of a smile.
"Well, yes, now that you mention it," Felicity smiled, blushing a little, "I do suppose I'm rather popular... but it has nothing to do with my good looks. It is more my wit and charm."
"Wit and charm my foot!" Dakota exclaimed, speaking for the first time. "Mother, don't let her go. She can't go, mummy!!!"
"And who would invite you, anyway?" Dakota said with a sour look on her face, as though she'd swallowed a lemon. "You've got the temper of a cow!"
"You're only jealous because no one invites you." Felicity retorted fluidly. "Because you've got the temper of a pig!"
"Mother," Dakota implored, "tell her that she's being a cow! Tell her she can't go, Mother!!"
"You're one to talk!" Felicity's nostrils flared, and her eyes looked livid.
Ignoring this comment, Dakota plowed on. "Mother, tell her she can't go! Tell her she can't go!"
"Dakota, dear, unless you have a good, solid, legit reason for her not to go, I am going to let her go." Kirstin's voice was free of emotion.
"I don't want her to!" Wailed Dakota.
"You call that legit?" Felicity laughed. "Legit my foot!"
Dakota runs, sobbing, from the room...

Jasper looks after her. "Oh, dear..."

Hope you don't have arguments like these!!
Check back soon for Part Three...
Dakota

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! Thanks so much for commenting, and I'll try to reply!